Tuesday 9 February 2010

A revelation...

Today I discovered that if I wanted to live and work in Australia I would have to do it before I was 30! If you look older than about 30 in Korea, you're unlikely to get a job (they like the young ones!) and if I want to work in China I'm fine.

What does all this actually mean?

Well, at first I panicked - my age in Korea is 25, and so I only have a few years to get to Aus.

And then I remembered my true age...23! Thank Goodness :) I have a few more years.

All I can say is this:

Thank you Korea for making me feel old, but giving me more time than I thought I had!


As an aside, I've been looking at jobs elsewhere in the world. The idea of Dubai still interests me, I'm not sure why, but there are so many opportunities. Sometimes I wish that I only had to choose between 2 opportunities at a time. Don't you? That way you know that you have a pretty good chance of picking the right place. I could stay here, but then I'd be missing out on an awesome opportunity to see more of the world. I'm not sure I'm ready to settle just yet. Hmm...


2 comments:

  1. Because when you are born in Korea you are automatically 1, and then you only get a year older on January 1st!

    So, if you were born on December 3rd, you would be one, but then merely weeks later you would turn 2 on 1st January!!! Interesting, non?

    ReplyDelete