Sunday 31 January 2010

Isn't it funny?

So, when I moved to South Korea, to my little town, I wasn't sure what it would be like. I had an idea in my head. A wonderful place a bit like Indonesia. When I got here it was sooo different, but equally as good (in my opinion). I gave myself 3 months of 'settling' to see how I fitted in, how much work I would have to do and just time to relax a little.

Just before I headed off to Hong Kong I had my 3 month anniversary. Very much still happy to be here, and thinking my winter vacation had come round way too quickly. But off I popped with my good friend to experience HK (which, by the way - I loved!!) on returning I found an email in my facebook inbox, from a guy called Nate.

A month or so ago, I joined a Christians in South Korea group, looking for a group of people to fellowship with around where I lived. I've been putting feelers out, but was finding it hard. So the email came as a surprise when I found out that there was a group in Seoul (if not in Seoul, where!?). An invite was issued and I started planning my day trip :)

I think this moving to a country all alone thing has given me some balls, because I went, without hesitation :) and I am so glad I did!! I met a group of awesome and very different people all there for the same reason. It was great. I also ended up staying the night because time flew and it was too late to travel back!

I had almost given up hope on the Korean church front, but I'm happy to say I have found some fellowship :)

Awesome :D

1 comment: