Saturday 16 January 2010

Who Knew? Did you?

Who knew there was a modern and wonderful world outside of my small and bizarre Yeonghae? Not me, that's for sure!

So, last night my vacation began when I was driven to the bus terminal by my bosses daughter. After a 90 minute bus ride to Pohang, I waited for 2 hours before the next bus arrived. I planned to do a lot of reading while I was waiting, but instead I met a really sweet girl, who was dying to speak English - so we ended up chatting for a long time. Which was really nice.

I have really missed speaking quickly and having someone understand me. And not having to focus really hard on understanding them in return :)

Then our 6 hour bus ride to Incheon Airport began. I think I managed about 3 hours sleep on and off, but it was still restful for the most part. Once at the airport (an hour earlier than scheduled) we chilled out and caught a little bit more sleep before a 6am McDonalds breakfast.

I loved it!!!

So, now I'm sat in a wonderfully modern airport on the internet and then off to the WONDERFUL Starbucks for a wonderful coffee before reading or something and then in 2 hours I'll be able to check my bag in and head to duty free!!! WHOOOOP!!! I love airports.

Some of you might be wondering about somethign more important...

I've been in Korea for just over 3 months now (I know, hasn't the time flown by!?) and you'll want to know if I'm bored yet or if I'm still falling in love with the random and bizarre little world of kimchi, socks and bowing? The truth be known...I am. It's a frustratingly funny and wonderful world that I feel preety fine in. I miss a few things from home, but I think I'm coping :p I'm looking forward to this holiday and then a visit from the parents in a few months.

After that, who knows what will happen. I seem to have fallen into a really good hogwan, even with my monster class. And I'm slowly getting the hang of this teaching malarky :p whichI really enjoy!

So, watch this space people, and enjoy the journey!

Lots of love, and the next time you hear from me I'll hopefully be telling you about my trip to Hong Kong! The land of shoes, shopping and 4* hotels :D

1 comment: