Sunday 11 October 2009

2 sleeps...coffee, shoes, cooking and cinema...

...what more could you ask for in one day?

Well after last night I thought a quiet, chilled out day was in order, until I realised I have 2 more days before I move to a far flung place, and I STILL haven't packed!!! Whoops :p Today started with a tea and Cinnamon Swirl from Starbucks courtesy of Chris, over a nice chat about moving (he's moving to Brum tomorrow) and saw Kat D at work, was lovely! Oooh, and I got more presents, Chris got me bluetack, a pencil case and stickers!!!! It was pretty exciting, I feel so lucky getting such nice things from nice people...can't wait to use all my new stuff!

After coffee (or tea in my case) we popped into the city for what I think is going to be my last proper, panicked shopping trip. On today's shopping list were two simple things: shoes and shoes! Yes, more shoes. After discovering that I can't wear my outdoor trainers to the indoor gym, and my decidedly average English feet are like giant's feet in Korea, I decided it best to get me some indoor trainers. I was quick, decisive, and got some girliness in my trainers. Yes, you are correct in thinking they are white and pink! Shocker I know. But they will be covered by my long trousers so all will be good! Apart from that some standard black shoes were required, and that took mere minutes to sort out. Phew! I'm getting good at this shopping lark :D

After that my day consisted of sorting out my car...dad's car...which I will miss so much. Ever since I passed my test in March I have loved driving Connie the Corsa, and she has seen me through near misses and one small accident (not my fault) and has become a small haven for me. When I'm mad I drive it out (don't worry, I'm not a blind rage driver, just getting in calms me), when I see my friends, I drive. When I need to shop, I drive. Holiday, drive. Driving, drive. Basically, I love to drive, and more specifically, I love to drive in Connie. Anyhoo...I cleaned out the car and it looks almost as good as new, so as reluctant as I am to pass her back to dad, she's done me proud :D

OK, so after that I did some jewellery and make up sorting, reading and waiting. I think mum is worried that I might not have any food out in South Korea because she has been making mini feasts every meal time. Last night was the South African food (mmmm!) and tonight was a FULL roast. It was soooo good, but I feel completely stuffed and think I could do with a nice slice of cheese on toast tomorrow, but will still look forward to the family meal out tomorrow instead. I don't mind, it's good to be around my family before I leave. I think it's starting to dawn on my that I'm actually going.

Than cinema with Rich, good to see him and very good film. The Invention of Lying. Funny and controversial. What more could you want!?

Apart from that I know you are all waiting for the main feature in my last week of blogs.....

Fact of the day #6: You cannot reach South Korea by land.

There is a Demilitarization Zone between North and South Korea that is effectively a No Man's Land. No one is allowed to cross over the border, so when you travel to South Korea you either arrive by boat or plane. How crazy is that!? It's kind of an island, but attached to mainland!

Anyway, I'm tired and I have a big day of packing ahead of my tomorrow, so good night and God bless.

Love, Kat x

No comments:

Post a Comment