Monday 5 October 2009

7 sleeps...

Well, I officially have only 7 sleeps to go before I will be leaving the comfort of my own home in the UK, and going to the exciting and some what different South Korea :D In lieu of this fact I thought I would write everyday with an interesting fact for you all!

Today's fact: Korea's favourite meat dish is bullgogi.

I'm not sure how true that is because I've heard on the grapevine that it's actually Kimchi! I guess I'll tell you soon :)

This last week has been epic! Last Monday I saw a couple of uni friends who are wonderful. We all went to Sutton Hall in Macc and ate in the most wonderful place. We ate in the library which had hundreds of original first editions of the great classics. Ami almost stole one just to keep at home for a rainy day! I think we almost had to drag her away!

Then on Tuesday I popped up to Durham to see Cay and Mia. It's amazing to see how much Cay has changed and Mia is so big! We had a really nice laid back day, ending with Mia falling asleep drapped across me! I then drove home via Chester, to see a couple more people.

I did a few others bits and pieces during the week, which included breaking down a bit when I realised how stressed I was because of going away. It kind of hit like a ton of bricks, but I got over it and had a good weekend, inviting lots of people to a leaving party. It was great to see so many people and spend an evening running around trying to catch up with them all :D It did end with me being told ff by one of the ladies at church for not seperating all the rubbish out before putting it in the bin...whooops :P

On Sunday I went to church with family and friends and had a wonderful time. There was a short South Korean presentation talking about the different food and cities, and then I popped into the Sunday School where I was surrounded by all the kids and given some presents. But I'm going to miss all my kids, it's been a great 18 months teaching them, and they're more than students!

So, crazy times. This week involves packing, sorting, repacking, washing, seeing more friends and family, and what not!

I'll let you know tomorrow how I'm getting on :D

Love, Kat xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment