Wednesday 7 October 2009

6 Sleeps...

Wow...it's getting closer! I'm not sure how I feel at them moment, maybe I'll figure that out as I write this blog.

Fact #2 about Korea: The currency on Korea is Won (KRW). But you cannot get Won outside of Korea. They do however accept USD apparently! (I'll tell you how true that is when I get there!)

Today started off well when I received an email telling me that I could do my next module on my TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) course. I toyed with the idea of doing some other, less productive things but as my course expires at the end of this month I really thought I should spend most of the day doing it. So I turned off the TV and got to work, finishing after 4pm, but satisfied with a job well done. With any luck I'll have passed this one and I'll only have 3 more to do in as many weeks. I did chat to Denice, one of the teachers out in Korea, who is lovely, and I can't wait to meet, so as long as she doesn't mind I'm going to use that as part of my excuse for not finishing earlier.

I did find out that anyone over the US size 2 (UK6) is seen as huge...which for me will take a bit of getting used to. I know I'm not huge by UK standards, but I definitely will be by Korean ones. I'm hoping this will be a great motivator in my new health and fitness regime, but we'll see! I love my food, especially food from around the East of the world, so I might have to encourage myself to exercise! Also because I am a size 6 in shoes I won't be able to buy any shoes in Korea :( I think my bank balance might be happy after teaching there though! It will be a really good opportunity for me to become one with my whole wardrobe! I'll have to!!!

I made one of the last meals I'll be making my family in a long time, sweat and sour pork. Was yummy. Will miss cooking for 4 instead of just one, but I'll get used to it :D and that means I can have spicy food much more often!

Tonight I popped along to a pub quiz in the Slug and Lettuce, it was hilarious! Ross is a genius when it comes to team names and tonight was no exception...if you say this out loud please don't say it around anyone who offends easily - and if you offend easily, just don't say it out loud. The Big Fact Hunt. Yes you heard right!!

Anyway...moving swiftly on...so I chatted to a couple of friends, said good bye again and came home to go to bed. Oh did I miss out the bit where I'm taking out all the items that I've bought/folded ready for packing/aquired/been presented with and putting it in the spare room on the floor so I can see what the next year holds in terms of my life!? I can't wait to go shopping for my little house, but scared that I'll be packing up all my stuff and that's what I'll have! No more shoes, clothes, straighteners, makeup...well maybe...

I'm tired, and you're no doubt bored, so sleep well and look forward to your next Korean fact of the day tomorrow :D

Love, Kat xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment