Friday 16 July 2010

The 1st Melt Down...

Tonight I had what I would like to consider to be my 1st of a few melt downs. Two weeks ago I was given the news that as of the 19th I would have no job for me in South Korea. It was a very tough blow and I realised a lot of things about what I wanted out of life. In Yeonghae, I had a great job, good kids and my own place. I earn enough money to both save and spend and my friends are pretty cool :) I know I'm far away from civilization (the hard part) and my dear dear mother ~ who I don't know how I live without, but I seem to manage with almost daily emails and weekly phone calls. And of course my friends back at home. Thanks to the new age, with internet and skype and long distance phone calls, I'm very very lucky and can keep in touch with all who want to keep in touch with me!

I was really comfortable here before it was ripped out from under my feet. But once I found out (after about 24 hours of crying and wallowing in self pitting and wondering what it all meant!) I jumped back up, landing firmly on my travelling feet. I'm so excited to have an opportunity to see some more of God's great earth! So, I cancelled tickets and booked others, and got excited and planned more, and packed all my boxes. And planned more. And booked more. And generally came up with a plan.

Well as of today I am as sorted as I can be for a trip to SE Asia. And I am as packed as I can be until I buy my backpack. And I've cleaned as much as I can clean until I have shipped various things either to England of the rest of the ex-pats in Korea! I was preparing myself for a monday of farewells...

Then I find out my classes finish today ~ bummer, but easily sorted with a quick fix party and a huge game of hide and seek! Then I find out I don't get a chance to have the party the middle schoolers were planning with me! Oh, but I can pop in on Monday at 1:30pm to say goodbye and take a photo....GRRRR!!! Now that made me mad!

I would think that's right about when the melt down started.

And then I continued to be bored and not being able to find something (anything) to occupy myself with so I didn't have to think about these horrible things...I started to wallow again :( then a few other things happened that are completely unrelated and I think my head might actually explode with either tears, screams or something worse....silence!

So, it's almost 10:30pm, I'm not tired, my online movies aren't working (the others are packed) I have no happy place to go to right now, and I'm angry. At my boss. At the world. At myself. I don't know! I just needed to air my melt down in a vain attempt to help me over come it!

I hope you've been provided with some kind of amusement! Laters guys xx

No comments:

Post a Comment