Saturday 10 July 2010

Unsurityies Of This Life...

Well, that title doesn't seem overly optimistic does it!? I promise it'll get better!

In 9 days I finish working here, and then I get to tour Korea with some friends. After that I'm heading to South East Asia for a short while before heading home.

Up until last night I was feeling apprehensive about the whole thing. I mean I'm having to start all over again, all over again. I'm also travelling on my own. I have to pack up my life. I have to see so many people before I leave. I have to leave friends behind and I have to move back home.

Up until last night I was still worried about travelling. Thinking that maybe I was being stupid for going exploring on my own. But truth be told, I'm pretty good at making friends, and think of all the awesome people who'll be travelling too! I get to see amazing things and go to amazing countries. And meeting up with some friends will be a nice touch :)

Suddenly I didn't feel so worried about all.

This is what I love to do!

But then there was still that nagging feeling. Slowly it dawned on me, it's the going home. To England, to my old life, to no job, no actual bed and finding peace with that.

And then I remembered my friends, my family, the potential for doing what I love for a short time in England. The possibility for more travel and being surrounded by all things English :p

So, now the nagging feeling has subsided, for the moment. And I'm glad!

I'm going to miss Korea and my little place in it's bizarro nation...but I'm also going to treasure the time I have back at home!

Have a great weekend guys! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment